About Me

I have been a successful and accomplished archaeologist for the last ten years. Recently, my team and I have spent the last three months exploring and excavating the land that Siddhartha, the Buddha, walked across as he tried to find enlightenment. We were hired by National Geographic to find artifacts related to the life of Siddhartha and the people that drastically affected his life. On October 18, 2010 we will present these findings to the Executive Board of the National Geographic Society in the hopes that we will convince them to fund a further field study to document and catalog all of the artifacts.

Vaisakh 9 556 BCE Shukravar

Knowledge can be communicated, but wisdom cannot. This is what Govinda did not understand. I saw him today, and, similarly to our last meeting, he did not recognize me. It was years ago that Govinda stopped in the forest when he noticed a man sleeping, unaware that the sleeping man was me, but he still has not changed. He is still a Samana, is still on the same path that he has been since we were young men. Govinda spent the night in my hut and I was very glad to have him as my guest and bond with him again. He was very curious about my thoughts because he has not yet found what he is seeking. It frustrated me that Govinda has not changed, has not matured, has not gained wisdom since he made his decision to become a follower of Gotama. I want so badly to help him, so I tell him to kiss me on the forehead. When he does this, he experiences the bliss that he has searched for since he was a young man. The expression that was on Govinda’s face reminded me of the time by the river when I reached Enlightenment. I have realized that Nirvana is not something achieved in a day, but that it is something that is always around us because time does not exist. I have lost the arrogance and superiority of my youth and learned that all people are extraordinary and can achieve Enlightenment.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad that Govinda does not remember Siddhartha anymore. They were very good friends in the beginning of the diary. I hope Govinda matures. It would be nice if they became best friends again. They would have each others companion again.

    -Lucero Ayon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, but I still see a few mistakes. Govinda was not a Samana; he was a follower of Gotama. I think you should also have mentioned some of Siddhartha's "thoughts." There were also a few gramatical errors. But other than that, great job!

    -Nishant Shah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nishant:
    I hate to tell you but Siddharhta actually calls Govinda a Samana, so techincally I'm not wrong.

    -Judith

    ReplyDelete
  5. The last two sentences are so powerful especially the part where it includes "time does not exist" by the way it was one of the lessons he had learned from the river.
    Judith you did amazing, the ending was very strong

    -Malika Salieva

    ReplyDelete

Kamala's Bird Cage

Kamala's Bird Cage

Vasudeva's Ferry

Vasudeva's Ferry

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe