About Me

I have been a successful and accomplished archaeologist for the last ten years. Recently, my team and I have spent the last three months exploring and excavating the land that Siddhartha, the Buddha, walked across as he tried to find enlightenment. We were hired by National Geographic to find artifacts related to the life of Siddhartha and the people that drastically affected his life. On October 18, 2010 we will present these findings to the Executive Board of the National Geographic Society in the hopes that we will convince them to fund a further field study to document and catalog all of the artifacts.

Magh 26, 530 BCE Mangalwar

All my life I have followed my family's practices. I have sacrificed to the gods, and I have prayed every day. But, it seems to me that I am not getting any closer to achieving Nirvana. I believe it is time for me to go my own way and discover my own path to Nirvana. Today I shall go to my closest friend Govinda, and I shall go to my father, and tell him my plan to move on. I have told my good friend Govinda that I am leaving to start my journey to the path leading to enlightenment. After a discussion between Govinda and I, he finally gave me his consent and decided to travel with me. I will now go seek the consent of my father. Last night was the hardest night to get through in my entire life. My father was more than displeased with the decision I have made. He nearly lost it and was very upset and at first said, "Absolutely not." But, I held my ground and showed him just how important this is to me and how dedicated I am to reaching my goal, and he finally, after a long night, said yes. I said good-bye to my mother and set off with Govinda.

5 comments:

  1. Try not to start a sentace with "but" maybe put in a semi-colon so that it seperates the two. The way you explained his parents and the reason of why he was leaving and his home situation was dead on. Other than that, it was exactly what was in the chapter. I have nothing further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Lauren. Besides what Lauren said it was great and you included everything that was in the chapter. Good job!

    -Lucero Ayon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really think that starting a sentence with "but" is a problem, but there shouldn't be a comma after it. Also, Govinda did not immediately agree with Siddhartha to go with him. He just suddenly appeared next to Siddhartha at the end when Siddhartha was leaving town. Other than that, fantastic job!

    -Nishant Shah

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have nothing negative to add, I htought it was perfect and everything was included. Good job and I love that you guys put punjabi days of the week.

    -Malika Salieva

    ReplyDelete

Kamala's Bird Cage

Kamala's Bird Cage

Vasudeva's Ferry

Vasudeva's Ferry

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe