About Me

I have been a successful and accomplished archaeologist for the last ten years. Recently, my team and I have spent the last three months exploring and excavating the land that Siddhartha, the Buddha, walked across as he tried to find enlightenment. We were hired by National Geographic to find artifacts related to the life of Siddhartha and the people that drastically affected his life. On October 18, 2010 we will present these findings to the Executive Board of the National Geographic Society in the hopes that we will convince them to fund a further field study to document and catalog all of the artifacts.

Phalgun 19 533 BCE Shukravar

I have finally met the merchant, Kamaswami. I hope to learn very much from him and I hope that this path will help me reach Enlightenment. After I proved to him that I can read and write, he invited me to be his guest, live in his house, and help him conduct business. His house is a wondrous place, with fancy clothes and shoes and meals and servants who cater to your every need. However, I always remember Kamala’s advice: to not become subservient to Kamaswami, but to treat him as an equal. Soon, I became very involved in his business and began to take part in the risks and rewards, but it is all irrelevant to me. I would rather spend time with people and learn about their lives, their hardships, their struggles. Last week, Kamaswami grew very angry at me because I did not do as he asked and by some crops from a local village, instead I spent many days with the people and established friendships with them. Business does not interest me. My heart is not in business. It is, however, with Kamala. I visit her regularly and continue to learn more and more about the art of love. Unfortunately, I have concluded that I do not love Kamala, I cannot. Similarly, Kamala does not love me. Only ordinary people can love. We are not ordinary.

2 comments:

  1. Awesom job! I love how you describe every aspect of Siddhartha's life with the people. However, I do think that you should have explained that by forming relations with people and letting them get to know Siddhartha, they will remember him next time there is a big sale and will save important products for him. Other than that - wonderful job as always!

    -Nishant Shah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that Siddhartha is working with Kamaswami only because of Kamala so he could be with her and learn more about love as well.Great job. I feel as if Siddhartha wrote it.

    ReplyDelete

Kamala's Bird Cage

Kamala's Bird Cage

Vasudeva's Ferry

Vasudeva's Ferry

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe