About Me

I have been a successful and accomplished archaeologist for the last ten years. Recently, my team and I have spent the last three months exploring and excavating the land that Siddhartha, the Buddha, walked across as he tried to find enlightenment. We were hired by National Geographic to find artifacts related to the life of Siddhartha and the people that drastically affected his life. On October 18, 2010 we will present these findings to the Executive Board of the National Geographic Society in the hopes that we will convince them to fund a further field study to document and catalog all of the artifacts.

Phalgun 25 550 BCE Budhwar

I have lived the life of the world and all its pleasures for very long. I have tasted wealth, lust, and power and for a long time my heart remained a Samana's. I have become rich, I had money and knowledge, but no close ones. None but my Kamala. The pride that has been endowed on me has felt stronger than ever. I am clever and smart, more so than the child's people. I have learned how to wield power over people, over women, and over myself. I have learned to gamble and play dice and enjoy the dancing girls. However, I have felt a sense of longing and remorse. Like a veil of the thin mist settled upon me. Every day it grew thicker. My voice, my innermost voice, the one that had awaken me and guided me, where has it gone? Why has it grown so silent? This world held it captive. It restrained me. This longing, the assets, and the wealth had captured me. I have gone astray. I have lost myself. This would no longer be so! This, this game was not necessary! This game is Samsara, a game for children. Maybe nice to place once, twice or even ten times, but no longer! Something has died inside of me. When I was under the mango tree, I remembered much of Gotama, even Govinda. Then, I left. I know Kamaswami and Kamala must have worried for me, but I know that they realized that this world just is not for me. I will never forget Kamala; she taught me so many things and I hope that I will see her again some day.

3 comments:

  1. Good job team. This sounds very interesting. Hopefully you guys will get the money. Good luck!

    -Lucero Ayon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys should be authors, this is a magnificent job! There was one small mistake - Siddhartha "played" the game of Sansara, not "placed" it. Other than that, keep it up!

    -Nishant Shah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel so bad for Siddhartha for wasting so much time and effort living a life as a rich merchant and later calling this life a game. Over all a fantastic job, I can see that you guys tried hard.

    ReplyDelete

Kamala's Bird Cage

Kamala's Bird Cage

Vasudeva's Ferry

Vasudeva's Ferry

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe