About Me

I have been a successful and accomplished archaeologist for the last ten years. Recently, my team and I have spent the last three months exploring and excavating the land that Siddhartha, the Buddha, walked across as he tried to find enlightenment. We were hired by National Geographic to find artifacts related to the life of Siddhartha and the people that drastically affected his life. On October 18, 2010 we will present these findings to the Executive Board of the National Geographic Society in the hopes that we will convince them to fund a further field study to document and catalog all of the artifacts.

Chaitra 1 550 BCE Mangalwar

I have left my life and property which I so foolishly squandered. I know I cannot go back to that life again. I miss my beloved Kamala but I had to leave her. That life distracted me. I could never be truly happy there. I ran into the groves towards a coconut tree by the river. I fell asleep. To my surprise, I have awoken to a very familiar face. My old friend Govinda has found me under the tree. He has followed the Illustrious One all over the land to this town. He saw me in deep sleep and stayed with me, not recognizing my face. I have grown older and greyer since we last met.  He had to return to his fellow monks and he left me with a profound goodbye. Seeing the more youthful Govinda has shown me how strange my path has become. I became a drunk and a gambler. I must put these passions behind me and become young again. In this new mindset, this new Siddhartha, I am happy. I think I’ll stay at this river a little longer.

2 comments:

  1. This is good, however it was a mango tree that he slept under, not a coconut tree. I think you were getting a little ahead of yourself, the coconut tree came later. I also think that you should have mentioned how he tried to kill himself but then remembered Om and stopped. Still, good job.

    -Nishant Shah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nishant about the part where he wanted to end his life by throwing himself in the river. I feel that it is kind of important because it shows how miserable he felt and how powerful and sacred Om is. Another thing is that Siddhartha slept under the coconut tree, the mango tree was when Siddhartha realized he had to leave his life as a rich merchant. Whoever wrote this... good job.

    ReplyDelete

Kamala's Bird Cage

Kamala's Bird Cage

Vasudeva's Ferry

Vasudeva's Ferry

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe