About Me

I have been a successful and accomplished archaeologist for the last ten years. Recently, my team and I have spent the last three months exploring and excavating the land that Siddhartha, the Buddha, walked across as he tried to find enlightenment. We were hired by National Geographic to find artifacts related to the life of Siddhartha and the people that drastically affected his life. On October 18, 2010 we will present these findings to the Executive Board of the National Geographic Society in the hopes that we will convince them to fund a further field study to document and catalog all of the artifacts.

Chaitra 13 553 BCE Ravivar

I have slowly come to realize my son does not see me as his father. It is now apparent to me that the life he lived as a rich boy has spoiled him. He had servants, fine clothes, and fine foods. He has not only lost his mother but also his home. My son cannot love me the way I love him. This realization caused great sorrow for me. My new friend Vasudeva tried to comfort me. He suggested I should be more strict with him. Or take him into town and give him to the servants to be pampered. I could not do this. There is no way I can give up my son. So I continued to let him act as he pleased. Then came the day when he truly showed me how how much he despised me and his new life. He spoke words of anger and rage towards me. After this, my son, my only child ran away, taking Vasudeva's money. Vasudeva and I went looking for him. Our search brought me to a town that once held so many memories. I have not found my son, but I fear my searching is useless.

4 comments:

  1. You could have added how he accepted that his son left. Also how he knew that his son would be ok and he would live a better life. It was great. I like how you didn't use dead words.Good Job!

    -Lucero Ayon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this is a wonderful post, but I still agree with Lucero. You should have described how he felt after Vasudeva woke him up at Kamala's former pleasure garden. Still, great job!

    -Nishant Shah

    ReplyDelete
  3. In one of the sentences it says "my only child ran away", which means that his son did in fact leave.
    and Nishant, I don't understand what you're trying to say

    -Judith Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is as if life going in circle. The way Siddhartha's son acting is the same way he was with his father once. I'm sure that Siddhartha's father, the Brahim felt the same way as Siddhartha is right now with his own son. Outstanding job.

    -Malika Salieva

    ReplyDelete

Kamala's Bird Cage

Kamala's Bird Cage

Vasudeva's Ferry

Vasudeva's Ferry

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe