About Me

I have been a successful and accomplished archaeologist for the last ten years. Recently, my team and I have spent the last three months exploring and excavating the land that Siddhartha, the Buddha, walked across as he tried to find enlightenment. We were hired by National Geographic to find artifacts related to the life of Siddhartha and the people that drastically affected his life. On October 18, 2010 we will present these findings to the Executive Board of the National Geographic Society in the hopes that we will convince them to fund a further field study to document and catalog all of the artifacts.

Phalgun 3, 533 BCE Budhwar

We have seen him! The Perfect One, Gotama! Govinda and I left. I could not stand it any longer. We followed a group of men headed into the town of Savathi. I could hardly keep myself from breaking into a run. I was so excited! Govinda and I sat mesmerized by this man. He had so many followers. The sight was truly breathtaking. But, once the Buddha began to speak, I could not seem to focus. I was shocked at some of his words. He was so blunt and experienced. Gotama knew everything and had reached Nirvana. He is the only man I have ever seen that acted as he did. He begged for food as we did, but he did it differently. I can't really explain it. His followers seemed to mimic him, as Govinda and I. But this man, he walked with purpose. Gotama walked with no shame and with the energy of a young man. This surprised me because this man is aged, his face shows it greatly. I had to speak with him. At first, I didn't know what I should say. But when I was face to face with the Enlightened One, it was as if I felt a great power. I have never felt like that before. I spoke from my heart. I told him that what he was teaching was not teachable. It made no sense at first. But he seemed to understand what I meant. I truly admire the man because all he did was listen and advise me to act on my words. He was right! I have to do something. I told Govinda about my decision to leave, and he wept. It was difficult to say good-bye to the dearest friend I have. He also expressed to me his desire to stay with Gotama. Honestly, I felt sorry for my friend and for myself. I wish he could have come. But he has his own path to follow. I'm sorry to say that Govinda now goes down a path separate from my own. I am on my way to a city. I have no  idea which one, but I hope to experience the things that Gotama spoke of. I'm frightened of what awaits me.

3 comments:

  1. Its very cool how Siddhartha and Govinda got to see the buddha. Siddartha and Govinda are very lucky to have each other. Well done!

    -Lucero Ayon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another example of how Siddhartha would have written in his own journal! This is an amazing post, but I do see one mistake. It is not really a mistake, but I feel as if you should add that Govinda joined Gotama's coven, because that is what is stopping him from following Siddhartha, and it is important in the story afterwards. But still, terrific job!

    -Nishant Shah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sad that Siddhartha is leaving Govinda and now both of them have completely different ways to go to.
    Excelent!

    -Malika Salieva

    ReplyDelete

Kamala's Bird Cage

Kamala's Bird Cage

Vasudeva's Ferry

Vasudeva's Ferry

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe