About Me

I have been a successful and accomplished archaeologist for the last ten years. Recently, my team and I have spent the last three months exploring and excavating the land that Siddhartha, the Buddha, walked across as he tried to find enlightenment. We were hired by National Geographic to find artifacts related to the life of Siddhartha and the people that drastically affected his life. On October 18, 2010 we will present these findings to the Executive Board of the National Geographic Society in the hopes that we will convince them to fund a further field study to document and catalog all of the artifacts.

Chaitra 7 552 BCE Somvar

I have found the old ferryman and widower named Vasudeva who had taken me across this river all those years ago. He took me in as his assistant and for many years, he taught me the knowledge of the river. The river’s teachings included that you have to sink to the bottom to reach the top, that there is no such thing as time and above all, to listen without opinion or judgment. For a long time, I was happy, sitting at dusk with Vasudeva thinking of life and death and wisdom. Many travelers who thought that the river was a hindrance on their journey instead found solace in the words of the two ferrymen. Soon many others quested to hear our knowledge, but they only found two old men enjoying the quiet and holy Om of the river.

The Buddha Gotama was at last on his deathbed and hundreds flocked to see their savior ascend to Eternity. Kamala and her son were on their way to see Gotama as well when a black snake bit her leg. Vasudeva heard her son’s screams and brought Kamala to the hut. We cleaned her wound but we could tell she was dying. She told me that the youth was mine and gave me one last smile before passing to the next life. As my son slept, Vasudeva and I build a funeral pyre for Kamala. Her death has saddened me, but I have gained a bright son today. 

4 comments:

  1. You guys should put the titles in english because not everyone is technical savy. They might not know where to click to see what the title means. Other than that great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post. But I don't understand how Siddhartha gained a "bright" son. I also agree with whoever wrote about the title; it is great that you went to such lengths to write down the old dates, but you should have translated it from before so that we can see the timeline. Other than those minor adjustments, great job!

    -Nishant Shah

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is translated. If you are technically savy enough to comment here, I beleive you are also technically savy to look on the page and open the given links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good, I have nothing to add. About the title, I would have to disagree with everyone else because I like the dates, sounds more realistic and very cool.

    -Malika Salieva

    ReplyDelete

Kamala's Bird Cage

Kamala's Bird Cage

Vasudeva's Ferry

Vasudeva's Ferry

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe