About Me

I have been a successful and accomplished archaeologist for the last ten years. Recently, my team and I have spent the last three months exploring and excavating the land that Siddhartha, the Buddha, walked across as he tried to find enlightenment. We were hired by National Geographic to find artifacts related to the life of Siddhartha and the people that drastically affected his life. On October 18, 2010 we will present these findings to the Executive Board of the National Geographic Society in the hopes that we will convince them to fund a further field study to document and catalog all of the artifacts.

Magh 29, 533 BCE Shukravar

I think I have found the path to Nirvana. I am hungry, thirsty, and in grave need of a bath. But I am content. For now at least. Knowing myself, I will probably soon leave. But I shall give my all to this Samana lifestyle. My back aches from sleeping on the ground, I can't get a good night's sleep sometimes. Govinda is like a loyal puppy. Even so, I love him dearly. He is the one that has supported me the most. He does not understand my yearning for a purpose in living. I feel superior to him in ways, but he does not know that. The Samanas do not teach very well. I miss the proper teachings. Some travelers spoke to us about an "Enlightened One", as they called him. I am told he knows many things. Govinda and I wish to hear his teachings. Perhaps I shall finally hear a speech worth listening to. These old Samanas bore me with knowledge that I already know. Though I must admit that I have learned one thing: patience. My patience has been tested and is constantly being tested. I feel as though animals I see tempt me everyday. When I see them, I must contain myself from an outburst. My stomach growls as travelers cook their meals. Govinda has confided in me that it pains him to see them waste such food. To them it merely crumbs, but to us Samanas, a feast. It was difficult to beg for food at first. But, I was forced to become accustomed to it. Survival of the fittest is not really applied here. We are all trying to survive, but we won't kill each other for some scraps of meat. Meat! The sound of meat makes my mouth water. But I must be strong. I am tiring of this. I know there must be more to life. I must seek Enlightenment.  I hope the Illustrious One will lead me closer to Nirvana.

4 comments:

  1. Its really sweet how Siddhartha cares a lot about his friend Govinda. This shows that Govinda has a true friend who will never betray him. I can't wait to read the rest of the blog spots!! Awesome job!!!

    -Lucero Ayon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am one of the board members that will fund the archeological dig of Siddhartha’s past life. After Siddhartha has left his Father, showing that when he says that he is going to do something he will do it. Siddhartha under goes difficulties yet he is always head strong and finishes everything that he has started. Do you believe that Siddhartha likes being in the Samana's? When he is the Samana's will he will transgression to the next step of nirvana? Does Siddhartha actually need this experience to go on with life?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you have really caught on with writing excatly as Siddhartha. This is probably excatly what he would have said if he really was writing a journal. I also agree with Lucero - it is wonderful that Govinda is so loyal and trustworthy. This post covers everything about the chapter, really great job!

    -Nishant Shah

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chapter was perfectly summarized and included everything. I agree with both Nishant and Lucero that Govinda is a great friend and it is hard to find a friend like that, that is loyal and trustworthy. Good Job.

    ReplyDelete

Kamala's Bird Cage

Kamala's Bird Cage

Vasudeva's Ferry

Vasudeva's Ferry

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe

Siddhartha's Merchant Robe